Monday, October 26, 2009

HW 13

In Feed, Tobin kind of tries to go against the current way of a digital life because he finds it is somewhat vapid. But at the same time, he also goes along with what his friends do and they sometimes do follow the digital media way of life. So it's like a contradiction. In my opinion, Feed is just a whole allegory to our society is today with us being practically ruled by digitalization. The characters going to the moon represents how different our world would be without technology and how we would be/act if we (teenagers) went outside our comfort zones because not many teens do that. The author, M.T Anderson also mentioned a line in Feed about how when the characters are watching TV in outer space, they looked dazed and in a zone. This relates to things we have been talking about in class.

It is a tough question if I would want my art to be a mirror or a hammer but I think I'd want my art to be a mirror showing everyone what possibly bad things are going on in the world today because some artists show the world instead of doing the other thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment