Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hw 11: Self Experiment

The experiment I did is not using my internet or Aim for about 1 week so far. This is not my choice but I own a Sidekick which had and is still having a massive, nationwide data outtage. I haven't had good, working service since last Thursday and most my friends who own Sidekicks have full service back but me. I have mostly only been able to text and call on my Sidekick so it feels like I'm owning one of those phones from the 90's that only had calling or texting on it. I only recently got Aim back but still no internet, which is what I want the most. Because I had a messed up phone all last weekend, I was in a pissy mood and most of my time was devoted to trying to fix it. I've called T-mobile numerous times over the past week because I need my phone to be in perfect working order soon. This outtage really has shown me how addicted to my phone and digital media I am. I could barely function on anything but my phone which is a sign of how much I need my technology. I do so much on my phone already so it was as if I was having a withdrawel. I also do some homework on my phone which was also a problem. I think if I wasn't so obsessed with my phone, this technical problem would have been easier for me to deal with and it wouldn't have taken up so much of my mental energy. I am definitley trying to cut back on my electronic time because it also distracts me from doing homework which of course, isn't good. Since I can barely do anything on my phone now, I actually feel more productive and hopefully, this continues even when my full service is restored.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that in this blog you wre really mad and upset about your phone. You wanted something and you could not get it, you felt as if you could not work without your phone.

    For you feel this way yea you are a little addicted to your phone which means so is a lot of people in the world to day.

    Some times I feel that same way. I feel that some times i can't work with out haveing my phone or ipod by me. When I had to be without a phone like 2 years agao I almost lost it, I felt like I was messing out on everything.

    There is notthing taht you have to work one.


    You made me feel like I should try harder to live without my phone because what if one day they no long with be around?

    Good job

    ReplyDelete