Friday, November 13, 2009

HW 21 ART PROJECT

VIDEO ART PROJECT from Juliette on Vimeo.



1. I think my art project is a mirror because all I am doing is showing how advanced technology and digital things have become since a while back. As you can see from the first half of the video which is black and white, I am using more simpler technology that was probably advanced for them like the typewriter and the old-fashioned looking phone. Obviously, there were no cell phones/microwaves, etc. there. Then in the next half the video that is in color, I am using my Blackberry, my old Sidekick, a regular desk phone, my computer, the microwave, and the TV. I am trying to convey the message of advancing technology and how different it is now.

2. Some reactions I have about my art project is that I tried to drop little hints about how advanced we are today with digital things. For example, In the black/white video where I go into the kitchen to cook, I said: "I wish I could make food easier so that I don't have to slave over a hot stove all day." Then in the color video, you see me using a microwave, which is an easier way to cook, of course. Personally, I don't think this video makes you feel or think anything very insightful or brings in new ideas, but I do think it makes us actually see or realize how much more technologically advanced we are today compared to 50 or so years ago.

3. I think there are many interesting parts of making my art project but the one that I found interesting was that I had a good amount of "old-fashioned" technology-based items. In a world where most people don't even own a typewriter, desk phone, or VCR anymore, I own those things. (The typewriter belongs to my sister because she wanted it for some reason.) Evidently, I still have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, and so on, I also own "old" digital devices and I don't upgrade these things a lot. But while setting up for the first video, I hid some of the current digital devices to make it look more outdated. I thoroughly enjoyed this art project, though.

3 comments:

  1. hahah!!
    Juliette I love you video!!
    :D
    It was really creative and cute.
    Seriously, good job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw I also like how the beginning when your in your "olden times" stuff its black and white and in the modern digitization period theirs color.
    Again, really creative :)

    ReplyDelete