Thursday, September 24, 2009

Digital Interviews

I interviewed my mom about digital items and she said that on average in a 9 hour work day, 7 hours are spent on the computer and about 1 hour on the phone. She said she gets so sick of being in front of digital screens all day that she just doesn't use technology much at home. She also said that technology makes life easier but is also less personal than it used to be with communication to other people. For example, faxes were easy to use and were fast and you actually had to sit there and type out a letter but now with e-mailing, it is less personal and have incomplete answers. But it does make life simpler. My mom also said that yes, our society is obviously digitally obsessed with all the new gadgets coming out with Twitter, Google, blogs, etc. but the amount of speed is good and now we live in a "I want it now" time where we want everything ASAP. But it is good, though.

When I interviewed strangers on the street and one guy said that he used to spend about 7 hours on his technology all together but since he has a newborn, he spends about 2 hours on technology but when I talked to him, he had his Iphone in his hand. Another guy said that because he works he spends about 3 hours a day on his phone and he doesn't watch much tv. He does think that technology is excellent though and that without technology he would be bored and it is a good form of communication. I noticed many people said this.

When I interviewed Francesca on digitalization, she said that she spends

No comments:

Post a Comment