Monday, January 4, 2010

HW 32

I think that high heels are a classic article of clothing that will never go out of style. I believe that while it is true that some women wear heels to impress men or for fancy events, a majority of women just wear it for themselves because as a high heel advocate and wearer, they make a woman feel powerful, pretty, and it makes ones legs look nice. I personally, just wear it for myself and i could care less if someone else likes it or not. I think it is pointless to wear heels to impress others or to seem "cool" because you're not being yourself while doing this, which almost makes a person seem uncool. High heels don't really make a person cool, but to me, i will definitly notice a "cool" looking person more if they are in heels. I also believe that a majority of women like heels regardless if they are in fashion or not because heels are classic and can never go out of style. people don't always have to follow trends anyway, so high heels aren't that big of a deal.
I also believe that high heels are a form of self-expression just like any other type of clothing is because it is one way to show your personality. For example, if a person wears crazy high heels, they most likely have a bold personality and don't care what others say about them.
I would also like to bring up the fact that the high heel trend that regular, everyday women wear is also influenced by the fashion and tabloid magazines they read and TV shows they see. But it is only natural to want to look somewhat pretty like the models or famous people. They see how the heels look and want to look like that so they buy it-which i have no personal problem with.

No comments:

Post a Comment